Can't run 2012-06-21 release on EC2 Ubuntu instance

Spain, Dr. Jeffry A. spainj at countryday.net
Tue Jul 31 05:19:41 UTC 2012

> After I built and installed bind10 2012-06-21 release, I can't run it on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS AWS 64-bit EC2 instance. Below is the error output.

I attempted to reproduce this by creating a new Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64 micro instance on AWS EC2 (AMI: ubuntu/images/ebs/ubuntu-precise-12.04-amd64-server-20120616 (ami-4438b474)), applying the latest Ubuntu updates, and using my build procedure at http://bind10.isc.org/wiki/SystemNotesUbuntuPrecise with bind10-devel-20120621. It took a long time to build (a micro instance may not have been the best choice, but it was only $0.02 per hour). The build process completed normally, however, except that permissions on the /var/bind10-devel directory did not appear to be set properly and upstart did not appear to work. Otherwise after starting bind10 manually and using bindctl to start an authoritative server, "dig @localhost ch txt authors.bind" returned the names of the development team as expected. Thus I think you will be good to go with AWS EC2 once you get your build process straightened out. Regards, Jeff.