Configuration from files

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Thu Mar 7 12:48:16 UTC 2013

Hello BIND 10 developers,

I've been playing with BIND 10 to try and see how I might be able to use
it on some of our servers.

We currently use BIND 9. Our BIND 9 configuration is maintained in a
single place, and distributed by CFengine. If we change the
configuration, or add/remove zones, the new files are copied into place,
and CFengine called "rndc reconfig".

I looked through the BIND 10 documentation, but can't find anything to
indicate if I can do something similar with it. For us, it's not
practical to use bindctl to set configuration settings for a few
thousand zones.

Regards,

Anand