RPM packages for ISC DHCP 3.0rc3

Charles R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Apr 28 00:31:46 UTC 2001

  *** From dhcp-announce -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

I have created RPM packages for dhcp-3.0rc3.  They are available at this
new location under one directory to make them easier to find (thanks
Kenneth!):

ftp://angus.ind.wpi.edu/pub/packages/isc/dhcp

The redhat7 subdirectory contains the source RPMs, and i386 and alpha
binaries built on Red Hat 7.0 + all updates.  The redhat6 subdirectory
contains i386 and sparc binaries built on Red Hat 6.2 + all updates.

All packages are signed with my PGP key.  My PGP key information is in my
sig below.  The public key is available on the MIT public keyserver and
also on my web page.

As this is the first time I have announced this on dhcp-announce, below
you will find the complete RPM changelog since I started packaging this
software earlier in the 3.0 beta cycle.

Thanks to all those who have made suggestions and contributions for these
packages!  I also welcome any further suggestions for improvement.
Discussions about these RPMs can be made on the dhcp-server list.

RPM changelog
- -------------

* Fri Apr 27 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0rc3

* Fri Apr 20 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0rc2
- - install original omapi.3 preformatted man page in cat3

* Wed Apr 18 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0rc1pl1

* Tue Apr 17 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0rc1
- - added omapi and dhcpctl man pages

* Sat Apr 07 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0b2pl24-1

* Thu Mar 22 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0b2pl23-1
- - /etc/dhclient-script moved to /sbin/dhclient-script

* Tue Mar 20 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0b2pl22-1
- - use %config(noreplace) for dhcpd.leases and dhclient.leases

* Sun Mar 18 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0b2pl20-1

* Fri Mar 16 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0b2pl19-1

* Sat Mar 03 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0b2pl18-1

* Sun Jan 21 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0b2pl16-1
- - create separate dhcp-server package; docs & common stuff
  are in base dhcp package
- - move existing lease files to /var/lib/dhcp
- - create empty /var/lib/dhcp lease files if none exist
- - add debug macro to disable optimization and use -g compiler option
- - disable brp-strip until final release of 3.0
- - set epoch back to 2 - only increment for final release of 3.0
- - initscript starts in runlevels 2345 by default
- - remove linuxinitdir stuff - Red Hat always uses /etc/rc.d/init.d
- - add new sample dhcpd.conf and dhclient.conf to docs
- - add Linux initscript for dhcrelay
- - more chkconfig tags in initscripts
- - add missing Solaris initscript to file list
- - fix man page and dhclient-script permissions

* Sun Jan 21 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0b2pl14-1
- - define separateconfdir macro to enable /etc/dhcpd
  for dhcpd.conf and creation of dhcpd user/group
- - define linuxinitdir for init script directory
- - remove old dhcpd.conf.sample
- - remove manual stripping of binaries, now done by brp-strip

* Fri Jan 19 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - 3.0b2pl14-0.1
- - create/remove dhcpd user/group
- - dhcpd.conf goes in /etc/dhcpd owned by dhcpd:dhcpd

* Wed Jan 17 2001 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - build 3.0b2p13

* Fri Dec 22 2000 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>

- - build 3.0b2p11
- - merge with contrib/dhcp.spec in source distribution

Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu> / http://angus.ind.wpi.edu/~cra/
PGP Key ID: 49BB5886
Fingerprint: EBA3 A106 7C93 FA07 8E15  3AC2 C367 A0F9 49BB 5886