Announcing ISC DHCP 3.0.1rc1

Ted Lemon mellon at nominum.com
Wed Oct 17 04:37:44 UTC 2001

  *** From dhcp-announce -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Now that 3.0 is out, we're going to try to do a few minor bug fix releases.
    This first release fixes a bug that could be important if you are using
subclasses, and a couple of other obscure OMAPI bugs (obscure unless you
happen to be using that particular OMAPI feature, of course).

I would appreciate it if folks could give this a try, but I'm not
suggesting that everybody who is running 3.0 needs to update to this
release candidate.

The release candidate is at:
	ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-3.0.1rc1.tar.gz

I've included the changelog below.

                            Changes since 3.0

- Make allocators for hash tables.   As a side effect, this fixes a memory
   smash in the subclass allocation code.

- Fix a small bug in omshell where if you try to close an object when
   no object is open, it dumps core.

- Fix an obscure coredump that could occur on shutdown.

- Fix a bug in the recording of host declaration rubouts in the lease file.

- Fix two potential spins in the host deletion code.

- Fix a core dump that would happen if an application tried to update
   a host object attribute with a null value.