Mailing list Consolidation: Thurs March 9th

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Mar 6 20:24:08 UTC 2006

  *** From dhcp-announce -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Some time ago, you may recall, we asked for input regarding some mailing
list changes.

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dhcp-announce&m=112803716609067&w=2

I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback evident in the record above.

We've weighed that feedback, and the conclusion is that we're going to
go ahead with the proposed changes to the mailing lists.

To that ends, dhcp-client and dhcp-server will be combined to form a
single mailing list, dhcp-users.  Your subscription will be moved
(uniq'd) automatically.  But if you use procmail filters, you may need
to update them to match the new header entry:

And any other action that's necessary in your environment (spam filter
whitelisting?), at your discretion.

dhcp-hackers will remain untouched as a place for discussing generic
DHCP development.

A new mailing list, dhcp-workers, will be formed to contain ISC DHCP
centric discussion among Software Guild DHCP Forum "Worker" level
members.  We're going to start that list out with the dhcp-hackers
subscribers rather than ask people to resubscribe.  Subscribers
should choose one or none to unsubscribe from.  We feel this is
most likely less work for most people.

dhcp-announce will also remain untouched - except that it will now
become a sounding board for both dhcp-users and dhcp-workers
subscribers as well as those directly subscribed to dhcp-announce.

We expect to bring about these changes upon this coming Thursday,
March 9th 2006.

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."