ISC DHCP 4.2.0b1 is now available!

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Thu Apr 8 19:59:43 UTC 2010

ISC DHCP 4.2.0b1 is now available for download.

This is the FIRST BETA of ISC DHCP 4.2.0, a feature release which
contains many new features, as well as a number of bug fixes.  In
this release, "the LDAP Patch" which has been circulating in the
community for some time has been included as a compile-time option.

			KNOWN FLAWS

Heavily exercising the interim style DDNS Updates in this release is
known to case a fence-post crash (a REQUIRE in lib/dns/client.c).
This known flaw will be repaired in subsequent releases before final
release.

A list of the changes in this release has been appended to the end
of this message.  For a complete list of changes from any previous
release, please consult the RELNOTES file within the source
distribution, or on our website:

    http://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/420b1

This release, and its OpenPGP-signatures are available now from:

    ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-4.2.0b1.tar.gz
    ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-4.2.0b1.tar.gz.sha512.asc
    ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-4.2.0b1.tar.gz.sha256.asc
    ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-4.2.0b1.tar.gz.sha1.asc

ISC's Release Signing Key can be obtained at:

    http://www.isc.org/about/openpgp/

                        Changes since 4.2.0a2

- Update the fsync code to work with the changes to the DDNS code.  It now
  uses a timer instead of noticing if there are no more packets to process.

- When constructing the DNS name structure from a text string append
  the root to relative names.  This satisfies a requirement in the DNS
  library that names be absolute instead of relative and prevents DHCP
  from crashing.  Bug ticket 21054.

- "The LDAP Patch" that has been circulating for some time, written by
  Brian Masney and S.Kalyanasundraram and maintained for application to
  the DHCP-4 sources by David Cantrell has been included.  Please be
  advised that these sources were contributed, and do not yet meet the
  high standards we place on production sources we include by default.
  As a result, the LDAP features are only included by using a compile-time
  option which defaults off, and if you enable it you do so under your
  own recognizance.  We will be improving this software over time.
  [ISC-Bugs #17741]

--
David W. Hankins	BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer		There just aren't enough in our heads.