DHCP Engineers and Admins-You are also invited to our BIND Open day Jan 13th

Susan Graves sgraves at isc.org
Thu Dec 22 19:34:13 UTC 2011

*All of our DHCP Engineers will be in attendance for this event, so you
are welcome to let us know if you'd like to schedule a break-out session
with the ISC's DHCP team during this day.
Thanks,
Sue

ISC invites all local BIND administrators, system architects, and anyone
interested in DNS to attend our next BIND Open Day on Friday, January
13, 2012. This is your opportunity to meet, interact, and build a
relationship with many of ISC's engineers who have been coding DNS,
crafting the standards, and pushing the technology of the world's most
deployed DNS software. Interactive dialog is a core theme for all ISC
events.*

We seek BIND operators to share their architecture, experiences, and
requirements for the future. The day will have a range of "geek to geek"
opportunities with ISC's engineers -- building the operational
understanding relevant BIND functionality.

The January BIND Open Day will focus on the future of BIND and seeking
guidance to insure operational relevance.

* The whole BIND 10 development community will be attending (ISC and
their partners).

* The day will start with a segue from BIND 9 to BIND 10 - reviewing all
the engineering design principles, approaches, quality methodology, and
open source access between the two versions.

* You'll hear how the BIND Team uses Agile Scrum, and Test Driven
Development (TDD) to achieve code quality and visible development goals.

* We'll walk through the architecture and technology used in BIND 10's
development.

* You'll learn how your input can shape BIND 10 today, providing
operational "user stories" that would be used to enhance BIND's progress.

Evolving agenda: http://bind10.isc.org/wiki/Jan2012OpenDay

While we want the event to be open, we would truly appreciate your RSVP
(click here)
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dElFOWVqTHhXRXN0VkltUUU0VEU0N2c6MA>so
that we can do some planning on our end.

Here are the details:

DATE: Friday, January 13, 2012

TIME: 9:00 AM  - 5:00 PM PST

VENUE: Silicon Valley, California - specific location TBD, depending on
attendance. We will send confirmation emails and location information in
early January.

*Share your User Stories!* The first lines of BIND 10 code were unit
test derived from an Agile user story. We are seeking operator's User
Stories that will evolve into new BIND features, functions, and
capabilities. Use the optional field below to enter your User Story. For
a brief outline of what we mean by User Stories have a look at this
entry in ISC's Knowledge Base:
https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-00574/0/What-is-a-User-Story.html

Are you a DHCP user? This "BIND Day" will have ISC's full DHCP
Engineering Team in attendance. Let us know if you are interested in
break out sessions focusing on DHCP 4 and DHCP 10.

We look forward to meeting you in January!

Use this webform to RSVP!
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dElFOWVqTHhXRXN0VkltUUU0VEU0N2c6MA>