Backporting 4.1.0 feature to 4.0.2

Shawn Routhier sar at isc.org
Tue Jan 31 17:39:56 UTC 2012

On Jan 31, 2012, at 6:43 AM, Christian S. Perone wrote:

> Great thanks for the answer Jiri, I saw that it entered in 4.1.0 on the release notes [1] on the section 'Changes since 4.1.0'. I'll take a look at the patch.
>
> [1] https://deepthought.isc.org/article/AA-00595

The "Changes since x.y.z" sections refer to features or patches that were
added after release x.y.z not the items that went into release x.y.z.

Jiri is correct this patch was first released in 4.2.0a1.

> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:22, Jiri Popelka <jpopelka at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/31/2012 01:47 PM, Christian S. Perone wrote:
>>
>> Hello, I was trying to find a repository (svn, git, etc.) of the dhcp but I wasn't able to find it, does someone knows where can I found it ?
> There's no publicly available repository.
>
>> I want to check how hard would be to backport the feature:
>>
>> - The 'hardware [ethernet|etc] ...;' parameter in host records has been
>>   extended to attempt to match DHCPv6 clients by the last octets of a
>>   DUID-LL or DUID-LLT provided by the client.
>>
>> that entered on the 4.1.0 version, to the 4.0.2. Does someone have an idea about that ?

Note that 4.0.x is EOLed - we no longer update it.  Several security vulnerabilities have been
fixed in 4.1 and 4.2 since we EOLed 4.0.x.