Dhcpd.conf - Options Precedence

Kelvin Williams kelvin-lists at geniusnetworks.net
Wed Apr 5 20:50:30 UTC 2006

In my dhcpd.conf, I have a shared network statement, several subnets (with
pools), and several host declarations.
Within my host declarations I simply specify the hardware Ethernet,
fixed-address, and an option for host-name.  Within my subnet I have other
required options such as router, tftp servers, timing offsets, domain names,
etc.  What I am finding, *SOME* options within my pool declaration are not
being handed to the requesting client.  The only way that my client will get
it, is if I place it within the host declaration.

The only thing unique to each client is the static IP address it needs.

Have I missed a keyword in my configuration to tell it to apply the options
within the host declaration, PLUS any in the subnet/pool declaration?

Thanks in advance.

kw