RES: Web-based address management

Fabiano Rodrigo Boscatto fabiano.boscatto at pucpr.br
Wed Apr 5 22:58:04 UTC 2006

IpPlan ROX....

-----Mensagem original-----
De: dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org [mailto:dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org] Em nome de
julien tayon
Enviada em: domingo, 2 de abril de 2006 21:14
Para: dhcp-users at isc.org
Assunto: Re: Web-based address management

Kenneth Porter a écrit :
> I'm looking for a system to let me "sandbox" newly-recognized systems on
> my
> LAN until approved for greater access. Googling around I found Sauron and
> IPplan. Are there others I should consider? I'm figuring on handling
> 50-100
> hosts plus "appliances" (eg. printers and networked lab equipment).

IP plan fits very well large scale needs especially if you are a LIR or a
RIR or have to deal with them (it is designed for filling the template of
use). For a small scale, (up to 20k ips)  I have seen ISP using excel
spreadsheets (I have no religion as long as it works and it worked). I'd
say one of the very problem is to segment your network properly and no
software can do it for you ;)

Would you take IPplan, I made a configuration generator that uses ipplan
database (and some cheat code ^^ in the tags of IP to generate dhcpd
conf). I handled fixed adress in another database with a terse PHP
interface, and some other tweaking elsewhere. It does the same as
ipplanapi but I don't use XML RPC (I do a few omapi calls on the other
hand). It fitted  to my customer's needs (who was French => the site is in
french). I don't think it is very portable. May you need it, it is open
source, so help yourself, I can even give you explanations. Well I'd say,
it won't work out of the box though my new customers don't have any dhcp
:( so I can't play with dhcpd very much these days.

http://dhcp-wrap.est-unique.net/wakka.php?wiki=Welcome

I had a good experience integrating IP plan I just wonder if its community
is still very active.

Friendly yours,

--
Julien Tayon        /      Artisan informaticien     /      Faire simple
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and