dhclient-script NFS errors with busybox ifconfig

John Faith jfaith at freescale.com
Tue Apr 11 20:19:42 UTC 2006

Tim,
I ran across this after my initial post:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dhcp-client&m=105405904626026&w=2

, so it makes sense that nothing works after the address changes.  I
guess I assumed that a new address would be obtained from the server
before changing the current one.

I also got another suggestion to change the 'ifconfig $interface 0 up'
to 'ifconfig $interface up' in dhclient-script, or wrap it in an 'if',
which is how some Redhat systems do it.

I think it makes sense just to try a non-NFS filesystem.

Thanks,
John