Building dhcp.leases -- Migrating to ISC DHCP

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Apr 12 17:43:05 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:11:37PM -0400, Kelvin Williams wrote:
> We need to migrate to ISC's DHCP; we'd like to do this without throwing the
> network into chaos (duplicate IPs, etc.).  Is it possible to take the
> current leases from our dhcp server and create our own dhcp.leases that the
> server will recognize and utilize?

What are you migrating from?

In the contrib/ directory, you may find an 'ms2isc.pl' script, which
will convert the Microsoft DHCP server's lease database to ISC DHCP
format.

It was generously contributed by Shu-Min Chiang of the Intel
Corporation.

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."