Random dhcpd v3.0.3 crashes

Joel Dunifon joelseph at watchtv.net
Fri Apr 14 03:13:40 UTC 2006

the last few days.  I am running dhcpd v 3.0.3 on a FreeBSD 4.9 server,
providing dhcp services for approximately 4500 hosts and docsis cable
modems.  I am not running low on disk space or resources, and don't see
anything interesting in the message and dhcp logs.  My ttl is set to 7
days, because hosts are statically assigned IPs via a PHP-MySQL
provisioning system that automatically builds the dhcpd.conf file and
restarts the dhcpd process when changes are made.  The process restarts
with no problems, runs for a while, then dies again.

    Any ideas?  The server has been rebooted, and I don't see any
symptoms of slowness or instability on the server.  I have access to a
64-bit server that I am considering cutting over to (and run FreeBSD v
6.0) if these problems persist.

-JoelSeph