what is OMAPI wrapper

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Mon Apr 17 07:49:33 UTC 2006

>To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>Subject: what is OMAPI wrapper
>From: Sanjib Das <Sanjib.Das at lntinfotech.com>
>Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:29:26 +0530
>
>Hi all
>I have downloaded the free ISC DHCP distribution (dhcp-3.0.4b3)
>But while going through the source code I got OMAPI wrapper...
>why this wrapper is used basically...
>
>plz comment...
>

>thanks & regards
>Sanjib

man omapi

NAME
     OMAPI - Object Management Application Programming Interface

DESCRIPTION
     OMAPI is  an  programming  layer  designed  for  controlling
     remote  applications, and for querying them for their state.
     It is currently used by the ISC DHCP server and this outline
     addresses  the  parts of OMAPI appropriate to the clients of
     DHCP server. It does this by also describing the  use  of  a
     thin API layered on top of OMAPI called 'dhcpctl'

     <snip>

See also the man pages for dhcpctl and omshell for further details
on the implementation.

regards,
-glenn