How to query a DHCP server

viorel daniel peca danpeca at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 19:46:32 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I am looking at how to query a DHCP server which
supports option 82 by giving the ip address of a
client and retriving back the corresponding option 82
info(in my case) or something similar.
I have 2 leads: LDAP and rfc4388 (or leasequerry). Are
there other ways?

Regarding the 2 options: which one is the right one
and supported in DHCP implementations (which one?) and
if anybody has some experience how easy is to
implement the "querier" and if there are some free
samples available.

thanks in advance,

dan