ISC DHCP 3.0.4rc1 is now available!

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Wed Apr 19 20:35:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 12:53:34PM -0700, David W. Hankins wrote:
> Oh, you're THAT guy.  That's going to be problematic.

:-)

Well, for me it's quite easy:
I don't care much about unused protocols. If someone asked me to write
a dissector for a protocol still in the Lab I might still do it to
help them, but my main interest are live protocols. Protocols I can
see on our network or our customer's networks. So once the
implementation in dhcpd-3.1.x is going to be used, I'd like to be able
to dissect that exact version - just because it is being used. The
last time I looked at the code for reference because the 3.0.x
implementation isn't exaclty one of the drafts. That's why I asked
about documentation this time :-) So if you say that yes, in the
beginnign phase of 3.1.x the protocol may still be in flux, then I will
wait for a while longer.

One thing though: Is there a way to differentiate between the two
versions or do I need to make this a configure option for the user to
manually select which implementation of the failover protocol they are
looking at?

Thanks again!
           Joerg

--