dhcp-client passing ISP dsn info to dhcpd

fbsd fbsd at a1poweruser.com
Thu Apr 27 12:21:37 UTC 2006

I use dhcp-client to fetch the dhcp info from my ISP at boot time.
The resolv.conf file gets updated with the ISP's dsn ip address.

I also run an private LAN and use dhcpd.
I have to explicitly edit by hand the dhcpd.conf "option
domain-name-servers"
statement when ever my ISP changes their default dns ip addresses.

Is there some option I missed that will automatically update the
dchpd
parameter when dhcp-client changes the content in resolv.conf?

Does anyone have a custom script to perform this function they are
willing to share?