dhcp-client passing ISP dsn info to dhcpd

fbsd fbsd at a1poweruser.com
Thu Apr 27 14:03:15 UTC 2006

Sorry but your solutions is not a solution at all.

It just changes where I have to do the hand edit and consumes
more resources by running a un-needed caching domain name server.

Since dhcp-client and dhcpd are same basic application it seems to
me
that the developers missed seeing the need to have them talk to each
other.

This seems like am simple oversight.

I am sure I am not the only user who wants the dhcp-client to
automatically
update dhcpd with the ISP's new dns ip address when the ISP changes
them.

Other people have suggested to modify the dhcp-client script that
updates resolv.conf
by having it issue stop command to dhcpd, auto edit
dhcpd.conf "option domain-name-servers" line and issue start dhcpd
so dhcpd.conf gets re-read.

That kind of script writing is way above my ability.

Does anybody on this list have such a customized script or is there
some place where users post such things to share with the public
that I can search for it?