dhcpd logging

Tim Peiffer peiffer at umn.edu
Tue Aug 8 22:06:08 UTC 2006

Jim - I would suggest that it is time to go back and look at
requirements again.  Is it a performance issue, or a security issue?
RHEL3.0 now writes synchronous to syslog and creates serious performance
problems.  If it is a security issue, then run syslogd to run internal
only.  Then standard config and behaviour rules apply.

Alternatively, run syslogd to stdout/stderr, and then use log hovering
techniques to write to a file.  You can also send lines of info to
someone else's syslogd without using the internal syslog channels.

Regards,
Tim Peiffer