Static Allocation Not Working

Douglas Armstrong doug at ovationdata.com
Wed Aug 16 18:06:32 UTC 2006

Do not include static addresses in range statements. The only way that
the server knows a static address is given out is if it responds back to
a ping when the DHCP server attempts to ping it before giving it out as
a dynamic address. A quick search for "ping check" on the list archives
will give you some threads with much more info.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dhcp-users&w=2&r=1&s=ping+check&q=b

Doug