VLANS and DHCP

Steve Wenger steve at nconnectwireless.com
Fri Aug 18 14:36:43 UTC 2006

the dhcp-server-identifier is I think the address that is specified by the
IP Helper in the cisco, my question is will that helper address direct the
traffic to the proper section in the dhcpd.conf file?
Example if the ip-helper address is 206.126.242.2 will the traffic skip over
the vlan 19 and goto vlan20?

#Vlan 19 - Rubicon Private
subnet 172.19.0.0 netmask 255.255.254.0 {
         range 172.19.0.10 172.20.0.254;
         option routers 172.19.0.1;
         option subnet-mask 255.255.254.0;
         option dhcp-server-identifier 172.19.0.2 }
}
#Vlan 20 - Rubicon Public
subnet 206.126.242.0 netmask 255.255.254.0 {
         range 206.126.242.5 206.126.243.254;
         option routers 206.126.212.1;
         option subnet-mask 255.255.254.0;
         option dhcp-server-identifier 206.126.242.2
}

Steve Wenger
Nconnect Internet and High Speed Wireless.
Got a need for speed?  We have a solution for you!