dhcpd and Vista

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 08:57:26 UTC 2006

2006/12/1, David W. Hankins <David_Hankins at isc.org>:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 12:04:24AM +0100, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> > The Discover is made with "Broadcast" flag enabled, so the Offer is sent
> > to broadcast ethernet and ip addresses. For sure it should receive it, I
> > think.
>
> Make sure the destination address is "255.255.255.255", not the
> interface's broadcast address (but then XP shouldn't work either).
Sure it is. Ethernet and _ip_ broadcast destination addresses are used.

> I think this is documented in the manpage, if not look at PXELINUX
> example configs floating around google (just change the option codes).
The manpage says:
 option dhcp-parameter-request-list uint16;
Although with google I found:
 option dhcp-parameter-request-list = concat(option
   dhcp-parameter-request-list,d0,d1);
from http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2003-January/001440.html .
I'll try the latter whenever I can get access again to that Vista.

Thanks for your useful information.

Regards,
Lluís