once lease per client is not working

VKR V rvkr2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 17:32:48 UTC 2006

The meaning of one-lease-per-client is client will get new address after each exipry.

  The question - before expiry I power off client and after expiry of IP address if I power the PC on then ideally client should get new IP, which is not happening.

  I see client makes DHCPREQUEST to server with old IP and server allocates the same IP.

  Am I missing something?

  -VK
Simon Hobson <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
  VKR V wrote:

>I have configured one-lease-per-client under class definition. My
>windows machine always gets the same IP even after expiry of lease
>time (renewal happens on the same IP) or IP address is release
>(windows machine makes request for the same iP in DISCOVER packet)
>or machine is booted up after power cycle.
>
> Also, deny duplicates apparatently not working :(

Err, what's the question ?