DHCP-LEASE-QUERY

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Dec 18 16:14:31 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 06:17:55PM +0300, Wennie wrote:
> I was able to download dhcp-3.1.02 beta and install it on the system, I'm
> trying search on "man dhcp-options" on how to enable the DHCP-LEASE-QUERY
> but I cannot find one. Can anybody instruct me on how to do this, or it is
> automatically enable to this version?

It should be in 'man dhcpd.conf'.  Search forward for "leasequery".

       The leasequery keyword

        allow leasequery;
        deny leasequery;

       The leasequery flag tells the DHCP server whether or not to answer DHC‐
       PLEASEQUERY  packets.  The  answer  to a DHCPLEASEQUERY packet includes
       information about a specific lease, such as when it was issued and when
       it  will expire. By default, the server will not respond to these pack‐
       ets.