include statement

Hai Tao taoh666 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 16:31:04 UTC 2006

ok, if I want to use dhcpd command directly, how can I start and stop the service to make any change take effect? that is why I have to use rcdhcpd.
Michael <michael at kmaclub.com> wrote:  Hai Tao wrote:
> a strange thing happened:
>
> I created /etc/subnets/ to hold all my subnet files
> and in my dhcpd.conf
> include "/etc/subnets/1"
> include "/etc/subnets/2"
>
> I also config the /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd, partially as
>
> DHCPD_CONF_INCLUDE_FILES="/etc/dhcpsubnets"
>
> when I start dhcpd by using rcdhcpd start the first time, /etc/dhcpd.conf and /etc/subnets/* were copied to /var/lib/dhcp/etc/.
>
> then, I added a subnet file under /etc/subnets/, include the file in /etc/dhcpd.conf, and restart the service the second time by using rcdhcpd restart. what happened is that I was told that the new subnet file could not be found. I checked the /var/lib/dhcp/etc/, and found there is a new subnets folder under the existing /var/lib/dhcp/etc/subnets/, containing all the subnet files.but the new added subnet file was not copied to the existing /var/lib/dhcp/etc/subnets/.
>
> Is there any idea that I can get through this? My purpose is to make config change in /etc/dhcpd.conf and /etc/subnets/, and restart by using rcdhcpd to make it take effect.

This really isn't a DHCPD issue but rather a SLES issue and their
startup scripts. Take a look at /etc/init.d/dhcpd and see what steps it
follows in the startup. You should be able to figure out what it is
doing in there.

Michael

Sincerely,

Hai Tao