dhcpd ddns request 1 sec timeout

Seiji T mlbots at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 05:32:42 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Is there any rationale to setting the default dhcpd ddns timeout to 1
sec and not 2 sec? I am using dhcpd 3.0.3 .

I am seeing my dhcpd ddns request being failed b/c of the 1 sec
timeout. I did some packet sniffing and it seems that a lot of the
ddns server response takes just a little over 1 sec (<<2 sec). I am
wondering what kind of effect it might have if I set it to 2 sec. The
reason I am wondering and not doing is b/c I can't replicate the
production enviroment due to resource issues.

I would love to hear from people who tried different timeout values.

Thanks.
  Seiji T.