Problems ISC-DHCP V3.0.1rc12

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Jul 7 15:35:10 UTC 2006

>Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:41:44 -0300
>From: "Luis Junior" <luiscaldjr at gmail.com>
>To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>Subject: Problems ISC-DHCP V3.0.1rc12
>
>Hello! I'm having problems with isc-dhcp V3.0.1rc12 on FreeBSD Release 5.2,
>the server
>is running and suddenly it stop to answer broadcast messages on LAN. When I
>execute pstree, there is it, the process is running. Anybody Can help me?
>Thanks Luis Junior

That's an ancient version, at least 5 years old.

Please try upgrading to the current release, 3.0.4 and see if you still
have the same problems. Your old config files should work unchanged
with the new version.

However, in the meantime try running a packet sniffer (snoop, tcpdump,
ethereal, etc) and see if there is any broadcast traffic coming in the
ethernet interface. It might be something else at fault. If that looks
good try tracing the dhcpd process, (trace, truss, strace, etc???)

Is anything being logged by dhcpd in syslog? Does it make a diffeence
if you stop and start dhcpd, or reboot the box?

regards,
-glenn