omshell/OMAPI question

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Fri Jul 7 19:14:07 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 11:33:27AM -0500, Joseph W. Breu wrote:
> I am attempting to use omshell/OMAPI to add lease definitions for
> cable modems on my network.  I need to set several options and a
> bootfile - but can find no way to do this in omshell.
>
> I cannot find any documentation on how to configure time-servers,
> docsis-security, time-offset, and filename with omshell.

	set statements = "option foo 5; option bar \"six\";"

Note that for obscure reasons re-setting statements is not supported
(you can't change the statements on an existing host entry).

The workaround for this is to delete and re-add the host statement.

Note also that you can't use OMAPI to update a static ("dhcpd.conf")
host entry.  You can use OMAPI to update a dyanmic ("dhcpd.leases")
host entry (which you generally create using OMAPI).