Regarding option routers

Vithal Shirodkar vithals at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 13 02:12:09 UTC 2006

Is there a way of configuring the ISC DHCP server, so that when "option
routers" is sent back as part of dhcpack it contains the address of the dhcp
helper address that came with the dhcp request.

My DHCP server is serving multiple L3 subnets and a router connected to each
of these also acts as the dhcphelper.  I want to keep my dhcp config fairly
static, but the helper address might change.  Hence, I need the dhcp server
to dynamically figure out the helper address and send it back as option
routers.

Is this possible ?

Thanks
Vithal Shirodkar