Dhcp client supports DHCPINFORM?

Lilian JS lilianjs at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 04:56:43 UTC 2006

Thank You, David.
By any chance, could I have the code for the same so that I can put it inot my DHCP client and use it?
  Maybe this is the worng forum to ask, but would you know of any Open Source dhcp client that supports the INFORM method?

  Thanks again,
  Lilian.

"David W. Hankins" <David_Hankins at isc.org> wrote:
  On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:55:29PM -0700, Lilian JS wrote:
> From the code, I can see that the server supports the processing of the INFORM method. But the client does support the sending of a INFORM packet? Is there any way I can make it do it?

Not in the presently released DHCP client.

We have queued a patch from a contributor which may or may not
make it into 3.1.0...it's a roll of the dice at this point.

--
David W. Hankins "If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer you'll just have to do it again."