ISC DHCP Futures

rsmith at osc.gov.on.ca rsmith at osc.gov.on.ca
Fri Jul 14 13:45:44 UTC 2006

I agree with Simon's comments. Though I have no experience with the DHCP
server, I have been following it for quite some time. The ISC version of
Bind has been an excellent product, which we have been using for years in
our Microsoft AD environment.
Are you planning to make the new DHCP server available on the Windows
platform? A lot of us are not using the current version due to this
constraint.

Robert

Simon Hobson <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk>
Sent by: dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org
07/13/2006 06:04 PM
Please respond to
dhcp-users at isc.org

dhcp-users at isc.org
cc

Subject
Re: ISC DHCP Futures

David W. Hankins wrote:

>The good news, and the reason that we're doing that, is that as of
>more or less right now we are focusing all of our resources on
>the development of a stateful DHCPv6 client and server, which we
>will release to the public under BSD license.

That is excellent news.

I believe it will be good for future development of the IP4 dhcp
tools as well as I'm sure there will be things done for the IP6
project that will find their way into the IP4 package.

>It is our privelege to be asked to provide this service to the
>community, and to be given the means to accomplish it.  We're very
>excited to be involved in one of the major stumbling blocks of IPv6
>deployment.

And I believe it shows recognition of the part the ISC has played by
providing two such fundamental tools for the internet - dhcp and bind.

Simon

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this communication in error, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use or disclosure is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and delete the original without making a copy or disclosing its contents.

Le présent message s'adresse exclusivement à son destinataire et peut contenir des renseignements privilégiés et confidentiels. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document ou si vous l'avez reçu par erreur, vous êtes par la présente avisé qu'il est strictement interdit de le divulguer ou de l'utiliser sans autorisation. Veuillez en avertir l'expéditeur immédiatement et détruire le message original sans le copier ou en révéler le contenu.