Number of interfaces limitation

Tim Peiffer peiffer at umn.edu
Wed Jul 19 14:38:53 UTC 2006

I had to patch my dhcpd to handle 30 some VLAN's., so my guess is pretty
small. For a while the question might have been how many interfaces can
you get on a box, but the recent vendor changes for 802.1q now allow for
4096 concurrent vlans.

I see that large of numbers of LAN interfaces as problematic.  In
everything other than our wireless environment (30 vlans), I unicasta
route my remaining 1800 networks via dhcp relay's on the routers.

Tim Peiffer