dhcpd.conf : dynamic ddns-domainname option

Clément Jeanne clement.jeanne at teamlog.com
Fri Jul 28 07:54:02 UTC 2006

Hi,
Does anybody know where to find documentation about dhcpd.conf
functionalities like "pick", "match", "pick-first-value", etc. ?
I expect that such options is the key to solve my problem :
extract from FQDN option 81 the domain name to use for ddns-domainname.
I want the client not to be registered on the new domain it connects to,
but on it's legacy domain. That is why I want to pick the domainname the
client gives on the DHCP Discover packet, if not It's registered in the
domain specified in "option domain-name"

Regards

Clément