configure multi seach domains

Tom Greaser tgreaser at hsc.wvu.edu
Fri Jul 28 11:55:32 UTC 2006

Hello all..
I tried to push mulit seach domains to our dhcp clients..

option domain-name "domain1.com domain2.net domain3.org";

well this works with all our linux/mac osX clients.. but our windows XP
crapped out..
the M$ clients did show the domains in its  DNS Suffix Search List. . .
.. . . : domain1.com domain2.net domain3.org
but it never worked.

i did see a post about using these options, but havent tried it since
the other option works with linux/mac clients.
option domain-search-order code 119 = string;
option domain-search-order "domain1.net domain2.net domain3.net";

Has anyone gotten mulit seach domains pushed down to M$ clients to work
?

ps.. I know. i should have did a tcpdump of a ms client doing dhcp
request, but im on vacation today and about ready to jump on my
bike  so i hope you can all forgive me for being lazy.