Setting clients hostnames via ISCDHCP Server

Aaron Randall aaron.randall at visionoss.com
Tue Jun 6 16:47:43 UTC 2006

Hi All!

I have a question about setting the hostnames of DHCP Clients when they
receive their IP address.  What I am trying to achieve is this - a
client plugs into the network and the hostname on their Linux box is set
to, for example "user88" if their IP address received is 192.168.5.88,
of "user89" if their IP address received from the ISCDHCP server is
192.168.5.89.

I would be extremely grateful for any pointers to documentation to read,
or suggestions on config. Also, will config need to be set on the
ISCDHCP server AND the client connecting?

Many thanks,

Aaron