Interested in DHCPv6?

Kevin Dierking Kevin.Dierking at arrisi.com
Fri Jun 30 17:50:03 UTC 2006

Do you find this syntax substantially more useful, if so why?
not at the moment, but we needed an IPV6 lab with working dhcp and ddns to
test our equipment,  being under the gun 6 month ago, and vista beta 2 was
crashing more that running.
I'm also mystified by essentially configuring the prefix twice.
Yeah well I was going to scope the address range, then got marching orders
to hard code it so anybody could use the lab.  I never removed the prefix,
because everything worked for what the developers were expecting,
basically the sequence of packet were correct.

Since the config was working I chose not to mess with it, even if it
looked technically wrong.

"David W. Hankins" <David_Hankins at isc.org>
Sent by: dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org
06/30/2006 12:19 PM
Please respond to
dhcp-users at isc.org

dhcp-users at isc.org
cc

Subject
Re: Interested in DHCPv6?

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 11:04:58AM -0500, Kevin Dierking wrote:
>         prefix 2001:1234:0:3::/64 infinity;
>         address 2001:1234:0:3::103 86400 ;

That's curious to me, I would have imagined separate config language
for lease timing and addressing (such as from a subnet {} clause or
global config parameter as we do in ISC DHCP for v4).

--
David W. Hankins                                 "If you don't do it right
the first time,

"This communication is for use by the intended recipient(s) only and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law. If you are not an
intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this document or
information contained in this document is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify me by reply e-mail or
fax, permanently delete this communication from your system, and destroy
any hardcopies you may have printed. *This communication is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521."