"peer holds all free leases" message

Kirsten Petersen kirsten.petersen at oregonstate.edu
Mon Mar 13 22:55:50 UTC 2006

Another piece of information wrt this problem: in the course of
troubleshooting this, my colleague noticed that the time was way off
between the two servers - by an hour, actually.

Could this time mismatch issue be responsible for the servers getting out
of sync with each other?  After we fixed the time and I put the old leases
file back in place, all of the errors ("peer holds all free leases", and
"not responding (recovering)") went away, and things are working okay
again.

Kirsten Petersen
Network Services * Oregon State University
http://oregonstate.edu/net * irc.oregonstate.edu #osu-is
"Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down."
- Ray Bradbury