XP clients sometimes ignore DHCPOFFERs

Jeff Wieland wieland at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 16 17:51:37 UTC 2006

I'm wondering is this relates to the release-on-shutdown option, option
code 2?  We implement it like:

option space MSFT;
option MSFT.release-on-shutdown code 2 = unsigned integer 32;

class "win2k-clients" {
     match if option vendor-class-identifier = "MSFT 5.0";
     vendor-option-space MSFT;
     option MSFT.release-on-shutdown 1;
}

This makes XP & 2K clients release their IP addresses on shutdown.

--
           Jeff Wieland            |          Purdue University
    Network Systems Administrator  |         IT-I UNIX Platforms