Conflicts and network boot

Bruno Gola brunogola at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 14:12:46 UTC 2006

Hi Glenn,
I've already look this "authoritative" issue, but the problem is not here. I
wanna my dhcpd to be able to boot the machine before the other dhcp server (
172.16.0.1) send its information. I happend just one time (the first time
i've tried to use dhcp instead bootp). But after this, it is not working
anymore.

The problem wih the authoritative statement is that if i set this, i will
need to set a range statement too, because without the range, my dhcp server
will not be able to recognize the lease given by the other dhcp server, and
with the range statement, my dhcp server will "want" to send some
information to other machines, and that will cause a lot of trouble here,
two dhcp server sending information :S

I dont know if there is  way to set the range statement, but making the dhcp
server ignoring the requests, only accepting requests from the machines
defined in the "group" section.

Thanks for your answer =)

--
Bruno Fialho Marques Gola <brunogola at gmail.com>