two questions regarding dynamic dns updates

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Mar 23 12:45:46 UTC 2006

>To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>From: "Sebastian Reitenbach" <itlistuser at rapideye.de>
>Subject: two questions regarding dynamic dns updates
>
>Hi,
>
>just have two easy questions:
>
>1.) do I can set aliases for hosts with dynamic dns updates?
>2.) do I can set other DNS records like some TXT information, or SSHFP?
>
>if any of the questions can be answered with yes, please point me to some
>documentation where i can read about it. thanks.
>
>kind regards
>Sebastian

You can't do these things from within dhcpd, but they are certainly
possible using the BIND tools. In particular look at the man page for
nsupdate, and the BIND Administrator Reference Manual (a set of web
pages that are installed with the bind tools, location depends on your
unix/linux distro), also online at http://www.isc.org/sw/bind and
follow the links in the documentation section.

regards,
-glenn