XP clients sometimes ignore DHCPOFFERs

King, Michael MKing at bridgew.edu
Fri Mar 24 13:56:02 UTC 2006

Our policy was the same.

It harkened back to an earlier day when Old MS clients wouldn't get an
address if the Broadcast was NOT the actual broadcast of a subnet.

We just re-addressed everything in large part of our network, and we
wondered why we did this orginally.  (Orginal config predates all of the
employees)

No we know, and we will take up the task of evaluating whether we should
change it.