dynamic DNS updates

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sun Mar 26 19:56:16 UTC 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:49:04 -0600, Douglas Armstrong wrote
> What does your named.conf look like? Does it allow updates from the
> dhcp server?

I assume that you mean the named.conf on the primary name server since that is
what is expected to receive the updates.  Yes it is all set up to accept
updates from the dhcp server.

--- snip ----

zone "domain.com" in {
  type master;
  file "zones/domain.com";
  allow-transfer { <garbled> };
  allow-query { any; };
  allow-update {
      key machine.domain.com;
  };
  notify yes;
};

--- snip --

>  What is the log messages in both the dhcp and bind server?

there is nothing in the update logs on the bind server side.
the dhcp side is claiming:

Mar 26 11:42:33 protect1 dhclient: Can't update forward map
protect1.domain.com. to IP.GAR.BL.ED: no such RRset