need help working around specifying interface name on dhcpd invocation

Gordon A. Lang glang at goalex.com
Mon Mar 27 07:14:01 UTC 2006

I got dhcpd working with USE_SOCKETS and not ALIAS_NAMES_PERMUTED on Solaris
10 in a whole-root-zone (not the global zone), but so far I've only been
able to get it to work if I specify the precise sub-interface name during
invocation:

e.g. dhcpd  eri0:3

Is there a way to get dhcpd to not require the interface name under these
conditions?

Needing to know the specific sub-interface name is a problem because the
interface name changes according to the zone boot order on Solaris 10.

If there isn't a work around with the current release of dhcpd, then is
there a *simple* way (e.g. available script or utility) to return the
interface name for a given IP address?

--
Gordon A. Lang