FW: Config help!

Simon Hobson dhcp at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 07:24:07 UTC 2006

Elliott Bujan wrote:

>I've been having 2 issues for the past 2 days:

I'm not surprised with the bad config you're using.

>Client pcs are getting the wrong ip address, for example, machines in the
>San Francisco subnet get a Corporate's ip address (look at config for subnet
>declaration) and,

That's because you've told dhcpd that all subnets are on one physical
wire and so it can give any address to any client - that is what the
shared-subnet declaration means. You DO NOT HAVE A SHARED SUBNET.

>Every time I issue dhcpd with any other parameter, I get the message: Not
>configured to listen on any interfaces!

Can you give examples of the command line you are using ?

>I'm running redhat 7.3 and isc-dhcpd-V3.0pl1

That's fairly old, I would recommend upgrading as there's been a lot
of bug fixes over the years since that came out.

Simon