dhcp-client passing ISP dsn info to dhcpd

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Wed May 3 19:46:43 UTC 2006

On 27 Apr 2006, at 22:23, David W. Hankins wrote:
> It's simpler to just use the ISP's.  There's an advantage to using
> their cache, and no real advantage to having your own local cache
> unless your bandwidth is very high latency or oft saturated.
> Or unless their service is just very poorly run.

For me, changing name server addresses every so often counts as
"just very poorly run".

fbsd, have you tried telling them how much grief they're causing you
and asking them not to?  Worst that can happen is that they insist
on continuing to be silly.

Best regards,

Niall O'Reilly
University College Dublin Computing Services

PGP key ID: AE995ED9 (see www.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: 23DC C6DE 8874 2432 2BE0 3905 7987 E48D AE99 5ED9