odd issue with defining a vendor code (3.0.3 and 3.0.4)

刘桂江 liuguijiang77 at 163.com
Fri May 12 02:32:04 UTC 2006

Glenn Satchell,hello!
	 please ask you that what meaning is the NOMINUM where is in the following sentence.thanks!

#if !defined (NOMINUM)
  log_error ("%s", "");
  log_error ("If you did not get this software from ftp.isc.org, please");
  log_error ("get the latest from ftp.isc.org and install that before");
  log_error ("requesting help.");
  log_error ("%s", "");
  log_error ("If you did get this software from ftp.isc.org and have not");
  log_error ("yet read the README, please read it before requesting help.");
  log_error ("If you intend to request help from the dhcp-server at isc.org");
  log_error ("mailing list, please read the section on the README about");
  log_error ("submitting bug reports and requests for help.");
  log_error ("%s", "");
  log_error ("Please do not under any circumstances send requests for");
  log_error ("help directly to the authors of this software - please");
  log_error ("send them to the appropriate mailing list as described in");
  log_error ("the README file.");
  log_error ("%s", "");
  log_error ("exiting.");
#endif

======= 2006-05-12 02:18:09 您在来信中写道:=======

>>Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 11:38:33 -0400
>>From: <amy.rich at tufts.edu>
>>To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>>Subject: odd issue with defining a vendor code (3.0.3 and 3.0.4)
>>
>>Greetings, I've been trying to get ISC dhcpd to work with Solaris 9
>>jumpstart.  Following various documents, I've come up with a mostly workable
>>dhcpd.conf file, but I'm having an odd issue with one of the codes.
>>
>>Here's are the important bits from the file:
>>
>># Jumpstart Support
>>option space SUNW;
>>option SUNW.root-mount-options code 1 = text;
>>option SUNW.root-server-ip-address code 2 = ip-address;
>>option SUNW.root-server-hostname code 3 = text;
>>option SUNW.root-path-name code 4 = text;
>>option SUNW.swap-server-ip-address code 5 = ip-address;
>>option SUNW.swap-file-path code 6 = text;
>>option SUNW.boot-file-path code 7 = text;
>>option SUNW.posix-timezone-string code 8 = text;
>>option SUNW.boot-read-size code 9 = unsigned integer 16;
>>option SUNW.install-server-ip-address code 10 = ip-address;
>>option SUNW.install-server-hostname code 11 = text;
>>option SUNW.install-path code 12 = text;
>>option SUNW.sysid-config-file-server code 13 = text;
>>option SUNW.jumpstart-server code 14 = text;
>>option SUNW.terminal-name code 15 = text;
>>option SUNW.boot-uri code 16 = text;
>>option SUNW.http-proxy code 17 = text;
>>

>>group {
>>  filename "inetboot.SUN4U.Solaris_9-1";
>>  vendor-option-space SUNW;
>>  option SUNW.sysid-config-file-server
>"192.168.1.252:/inst/jumpstart/sysidcfg/SunOS-5.9";
>>  option SUNW.install-path "/inst/cdrom/SunOS-5.9-sparc";
>>  option SUNW.root-path-name
>"/inst/cdrom/SunOS-5.9-sparc/Solaris_9/Tools/Boot";
>>  option SUNW.root-mount-options "rsize=32768";
>>  option SUNW.install-server-hostname "jsserver.my.sub.domain";
>>  option SUNW.install-server-ip-address 192.168.1.252;
>>  option SUNW.root-server-hostname "jsserver.my.sub.domain";
>>  option SUNW.jumpstart-server "192.168.1.252:/inst/jumpstart";
>>  option SUNW.root-server-ip-address 192.168.1.252;
>>  option SUNW.terminal-name "vt100";
>>  next-server 192.168.1.252;
>>

>>  # solaris 9 sparc hosts
>>  host client {
>>    hardware ethernet xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
>>    fixed-address 192.168.1.99;
>>    option host-name "client.other.sub.domain";
>>  }
>>}
>>
>>And from /etc/dhcp/inittab on the jumpstart/dhcp server:
>>
>>#
>># SunOS vendor space -- see Solaris System Administrator Collection,
>># Sys Admin Guide, Vol 3, "Creating DHCP Options and Macros for
>># Solaris Install Parameters" for more information on these options.
>>#
>>
>>SrootOpt        VENDOR,         1,      ASCII,     1,   0,      smi
>>SrootIP4        VENDOR,         2,      IP,        1,   1,      smi
>>SrootNM         VENDOR,         3,      ASCII,     1,   0,      smi
>>SrootPTH        VENDOR,         4,      ASCII,     1,   0,      smi
> [...]

        致
礼!

        刘桂江
        liuguijiang77 at 163.com