how to configure standalone dns server for dhcp

kalyanasundaram S s.kalyanasundaram at inbox.com
Fri May 12 05:17:12 UTC 2006

 thanks,
hmm, the resolv.conf on server file was pointing to someother = server so i
have changed to
domain example.com
nameserver = 127.0.0.1

and resolve.conf on client i checked.. There was already = file generated by
client
it contains
search = example.com
nameserver 1.2.3.4

i removed the host declaration = from /etc/dhcpd.conf, my intension is not
update the fixed = address.
somehow want to see ddns working...
still problem is not = solved... but as usual both are able to ping each
others..

plz help = me to get work with this..

can anybody explain internally how it = works..
like when it receive dhcprequest pocket where it will look if = ddns is
mentionsed where it will go . how it will communicate with named , = what
arechanges will be made on SOA and PTR records... and other = necessary
things...

somebody help me plz..
thanks in = advance.,,
regards,