dhclient issue

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon May 15 17:08:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 11:24:08AM -0700, Chris Zimmermann wrote:
> What I did was to add the following code to the function dhcpnak() in
> src/dist/dhcp/client/dhclient.c.  I've provided the entire function,
> with my changes in bold.  I kicked off an EXPIRE script (after the

You mean from the 'begin modification' comment?  There's no bold in
plaintext.

Looks like something we should fix.  I've forwarded your mail off to
our bug ticketing system, we'll let you know when it will appear in
a release.

> Has anyone else seen this issue?

Odd corner case I think...not very common.

May rely on dhclient-script implementations (wether the route addition
over-writes or lays alongside others).  Order of operations may also
matter (ifconfig'ing the interface to another network removes the
default route).

Odd duck.

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."