conflicting command line options and dhcp.conf statements

Joe Bill pica1dilly at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 07:35:22 UTC 2006

I think someone mentionned dhcpclient as the piece of software  suffering of the described command-line options behavior. Just to add  that this applies also to dhcp-server.

  Buzz
Ted Lemon <mellon at fugue.com> wrote:  On Tuesday 16 May 2006 05:07, Joe Bill wrote:
>  Isn't  the purpose of command line options precisely to override  specific
>  predefined options like those belonging to a bigger set like the one
>  specified at compile time or the one called up in a configuration file ?

Although  I don't agree that the convention you describe exists, I do agree that  this is the most reasonable behavior. Maybe if you send Dave Hankins a  patch, he'll put it in the next release! :')