omshell

Billy Cook wrcook at clemson.edu
Mon May 22 15:51:21 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to use omshell to create and modify host entries.  I'm able
to create a host using the following commands:

dhcp1:~ # omshell
> connect
obj: <null>
> new host
obj: host
> set name = "ahost"
obj: host
name = "ahost"
> set hardware-address = 00:80:c7:84:b1:94
obj: host
name = "ahost"
hardware-address = 00:80:c7:84:b1:94
> set hardware-type = 00:00:00:01
obj: host
name = "ahost"
hardware-address = 00:80:c7:84:b1:94
hardware-type = 00:00:00:01
> set statements = "deny booting"
obj: host
name = "ahost"
hardware-address = 00:80:c7:84:b1:94
hardware-type = 00:00:00:01
statements = "deny booting"
> create

Which results in the following entry in dhcpd.leases

host ahost {
 dynamic;
 hardware ethernet 00:80:c7:84:b1:94;
       supersede server.allow-booting = 00;
}

Then I want to query for the host so I use the following commands and
receive the following output:

dhcp1:~ # omshell
> connect
obj: <null>
> new host
obj: host
> set name = "ahost"
obj: host
name = "ahost"
> open
obj: host
name = "ahost"
hardware-address = 00:80:c7:84:b1:94
hardware-type = 00:00:00:01

Question 1:
Is there any way to view the statements section of the host entry?

Next I tried to update the host entry by adding the following commands
after I opened the entry:
> set statements = "allow booting"
obj: host
name = "ahost"
hardware-address = 00:80:c7:84:b1:94
hardware-type = 00:00:00:01
statements = "allow booting"
> update
can't update object: already exists
obj: host
name = "ahost"
hardware-address = 00:80:c7:84:b1:94
hardware-type = 00:00:00:01
statements = "allow booting"

Question 2:
Why does it fail to update the host entry?

Thanks,
Billy Cook
Clemson University